16 May 2018
Following the Sheffield City Council Annual General Meeting there are changes to the Cabinet.
A new portfolio for Education and Skills has been created. The previous Transport and Infrastructure portfolio is merged with the Planning and Development portfolio to bring together planning, transport and housing development.
The Cabinet members and portfolios are now:
- Councillor Julie Dore – Chair and Leader of the Council
- Councillor Olivia Blake – Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance
- Councillor Mazher Iqbal – Cabinet Member for Business and Investment
- Councillor Jackie Drayton – Cabinet Member for Children and Families
- Councillor Mary Lea – Cabinet Member for Culture, Parks and Leisure
- Councillor Jayne Dunn – Cabinet Member for Education and Skills
- Councillor Lewis Dagnall – Cabinet Member for Environment and Streetscene
- Councillor Chris Peace – Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care
- Councillor Jim Steinke – Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety
- Councillor Jack Scott – Cabinet Member for Transport and Development
Councillor Julie Dore, Labour Leader of Sheffield City Council, said:
“We know how important our children and young people are to our city and we are committed to do everything we can to fight to give them the best future possible. We have created a separate Education and Skills portfolio focusing on the development of young people which will help to add to the work we have done going forward.
“I am really pleased to be able to welcome Chris, Jim and Lewis to the Cabinet and would like to thank Ben, Bryan and Cate for the work and commitment they have given to our city and the contribution they have made.”