27 March 2017
The Tour De Yorkshire is sure to bring a great atmosphere on Sunday 30 April, as cyclists make their way from Bradford into Sheffield, and around Bolsterstone and Midhopestones, before finishing at Fox Valley in Stocksbridge.
Cyclists will arrive in Stocksbridge between 4pm and 4.30pm on 30 April and cross the finish line at around 5.30pm. Full route details and event information can be found here.
To ensure the safety of cyclists and spectators alike, there will be some traffic controls that we need to implement. These are outlined below:
• If you live in a house on the race route and you park on-street, please make alternative parking arrangements on race day. We would ask that all cars are removed for 2pm.
• A “soft” road closure (which will allow access for residents and businesses, under steward control) will be in place on Manchester Road, between the junctions of Unsliven Road and Carr Road, from 5am on Sunday 30 April.
• A “hard” road closure will then be in place along Manchester Road (between the above same junctions) from 3pm until 8pm.
• Further “hard” closures will be along the race route (nick named the Stocksbridge Loop) from 4.30pm – 5.30pm, meaning no access at all will be possible. This will affect the following roads: Carr Road, Cockshot Lane, Folderings Lane, Heads Lane, Yewtrees Lane, Allas Lane, Moor Lane, Mortimer Road, Cranberry Road, Salter Hill Lane and Underbank Lane. People living within the area bounded by these roads will not be able to cross over the race route during this time.
• Should there be a need for emergency services vehicles to get anywhere, they will be given priority via race control.
• We will of course endeavour to open roads earlier if we can, this will be subject to spectator safety around the course
Public transport services will be kept running for as long as possible, but with some changes. These are:
Stagecoach 57 and SL1/SL1a
• From the start of service until 3.05pm all buses will operate via Manchester Road only to Unsliven Bridge, serving all stops through Stocksbridge and Deepcar on the main road, but not going into the estate.
• The SL1/SL1a from 3.25pm, departing from Middlewood, will run to Oughtibridge only.
• The SL1/SL1a from 5.45pm, departing from Middlewood, will run to Lee Avenue/Knowles Avenue in Deepcar only, and turn at the roundabout before going back to Middlewood.
• The SL1/SL1a from 8.05pm, departing from Middlewood, will resume the normal route.
For further details please go to www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/Tour-de-Yorkshire or call the Traveline on 01709 515151.
Road closures on the day will affect parking for residents and some public car parks will also be closed. Information about where to park on race day can be downloaded here http://www.sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/TDY-transport-leaflet-a4.pdf.
On behalf of Sheffield City Council, we thank you in advance for your co-operation in helping to ensure the success of this event.
We really hope you come out and enjoy what will be a fantastic occasion for the Stocksbridge area, as you are beamed across the world on live TV.
For further information, or if you have any questions, please call us on 0114 2734567 and choose option two.
Travel information and road closure details for residents will also be regularly updated on this dedicated event page.